Role: Group Facilitator
Application deadline: 9am Mon 28 Mar 22
Interviews: Tues 12 Apr 22
Contract: 1 year fixed term – to be extended subject to funding
Hours: 11 hrs a week – Mondays 09:30-15:30 and Tuesdays 13:30-19:30
Salary: £40,057 FTE – AfC band 7 (actual £11,750 pa)
Pension: Employer contribution 3%
Holiday entitlement: 240 hours per year (actual 71 hours pa)
Line Manager: Clinical Services Manager
Since 2000 Mankind UK (www.mkcharity.org) has offered therapeutic services to support men 18+ in Sussex who have experienced sexual assault or abuse including:
- online self help resources via www.1in6.uk
- 24 weeks of 121 counselling
- 10 week Psycho-educational Group Course
- 20 weeks Group Therapy.
- Deliver 1 psycho-educational course session a week with a co-facilitator (courses run with up to 10 participants for 10 weeks)
- Deliver 1 face to face therapeutic group session a week with a co-facilitator (groups run with up to 8 participants for 20 weeks)
- Deliver sessions via online platforms and/or in person as needed.
- Prepare and update course materials as needed and assist in the development of complimentary online resources.
- Deliver training to new facilitators on the delivery of the course and groups as needed.
- Deliver training to counsellors to aid referral into the course and groups, and effective use of complimentary online resources.
- Manage administration of new referrals into courses or therapy groups and hold waiting lists.
- Maintain regular contact with clients on the waiting list to retain engagement and motivation.
- Undertake clinical assessments of potential participants identifying and acting on any risk or safeguarding matters.
- Attend bi-monthly clinical supervision group and weekly team meeting.
- Gather and input outcome assessment data into spreadsheets and CORENet.
- Use outcome information with clients as part of the working relationship.
- Collect and record client donations and client attendance
- Maintain digital database of client information and paper files.
- Participate in research and contribute to service development as required.
- Pursue continuous professional development (some internal training is provided).
- Comply with the policies, procedures and service standards of the charity.
- Use G Suite, Trello, Miro, COREnet, BrightHR, Zoom and other digital systems as needed.
- Undertake other reasonable duties which uphold and maintain standards of service delivery.
Person Specification (E = Essential, D = desirable)
- Qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy at Diploma level or above through a recognised BACP training (E)
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-qualifying counselling practice (E)
- Experience running therapeutic or process groups (E)
- Experience of delivering psycho-educational training to groups (E)
- Experience of delivering group work online (D)
- Experience of managing clinical risk (E)
- Experience of delivering therapy within the sexual violence sector and using the 3 stage trauma model (Herman, 1992) (E)
- Training specific to working with sexual abuse trauma (E)
- Experience of adhering to GDPR guidelines (E)
- Ability to remotely manage own caseload (E)
- Experience of using G Suite, databases and client management applications (E)
- Experience of learning to use new digital technologies (E)
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation. Working with CORE (Clinical Outcomes in Routine Evaluation) alongside the Impact of Events Scale – Revised (IES-R) or in-house feedback evaluation forms (E)
- Understanding of and commitment to equality, diversity and anti-discriminatory practice (E)
- Knowledge of issues specific to male survivors, including those who identify as transgender or transsexual (D)
Please address all aspects of the person specification in your application form.
If you would like to know more about the role please email the co-CEO
Job Documents are available at: https://mkcharity.org/recruitment/
Application deadline: 9am Mon 28 Mar 11
Interviews: Tues 12 Apr 22