As always, we welcome as “ACTO Professional Members”, therapists who have completed tutor-led, assessed ‘Certificate” courses (Level 2).
We now also welcome as ACTO Members therapists who have done (unassisted) Level 1 CPD courses around online therapy.
ACTO also wants to encourage advanced training – so we have created ‘Senior Professional Membership’.
So – three levels of Membership – and three levels of ACTO Online Training Provider courses to match them.
- If you were a “Professional Member” of ACTO prior to 01/10/2020, you will continue as an “ACTO Professional Member” (Level 2). Nothing to do. Nothing changes.
- If you have done CPD (especially an ACTO Level 1 course) you can become an ACTO Member – with all the benefits of Membership – but not listing on the Professional Register.
- For those who completed an advanced training (typically 200 – 300+ hours) or have an online supervision qualification (c. 100+ hours), you can apply for ACTO Senior Professional Membership.
How to apply
After a pause to regroup and prepare our processes and paperwork, we reopen for new applications and renewals on 1st November.
- If you wish to join ACTO, please visit the website. There are individual pages describing the individual levels of Membership and Membership benefits – and Application forms there. ACTO Membership (Level 1) costs £38.75.
ACTO Professional Level and Senior Professional Membership (Levels 2 & 3) cost £56.75.
- If you are renewing, ACTO will contact you, as before.
- If you wish to upgrade your membership from Level 2 to Level 3, you can do so at this point.
- If you wish to upgrade your membership from Professional to Senior Professional Level at a different time from your renewal, you can do so for a one-off fee of £25. This is to cover processing and ‘enhancing’ your entry on the Professional Register.
- If your training is non-ACTO or you wish to change membership levels other than by a course, we are rolling out a ‘grand-parenting’ programme. Please contact us for further information.
We hope that you will continue to value ACTO Membership. We have an exciting programme of developments in hand.
Adrian M Rhodes