This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Senior Professional Member
I am a Counsellor who supports women of all ages, with the wide range of issues women encounter through all phases of life, such as: mental wellbeing, physical health, relationships, home-life responsibilities, menopause, cultural pressures & expectations, trauma, motherhood, disabilities, sex & sensuality, neurodiversity, and loss. I also support women with self-esteem, confidence, making a meaningful life and personal growth.
I provide specialist counselling for women survivors of domestic and sexual abuse and violence and women who experienced abuse in childhood. I have worked in this specialist area since 2001. I qualified and worked as an Independent Domestic & Sexual Violence Advisor from 2007 supporting women at high risk of harm for 14 years. I bring together years of experience, training and qualifications as an Integrative Counsellor and Embodied Psychotherapist to help you feel safe, understood and supported, to help you make sense of what has happened in your life, find ways to cope, look at choices, help you feel more in control and less overwhelmed, help you feel more connected with yourself and live more positively. I also offer women support, information and connection with others through support groups and workshops both face to face and online.
Every woman is unique, so I tailor each session for you and your needs from the following approaches:
• Person Centred Therapy, puts you in control of what you want to focus on and how you want the counselling to develop
• Integrative Embodied Psychotherapy, helps you to recognise and understand your body's responses and explore how interconnected mind and body are
• Adult Sand Tray Therapy, a way of showing how you feel and what has happened, helps access your subconscious mind, releases emotions and processes memories and feelings
• CBT, can help you gain control of overwhelming negative thoughts, and help you understand how thoughts and behaviour are connected
• The Rewind Technique, is a safe and effective way to reduce and even remove symptoms of PTSD such as intrusive thoughts and flashbacks, you don't have to talk about the incident(s) that has traumatised you
• Mindfulness, uses a mix of guided imagery and visualisation, breathing techniques, meditation and relaxation to help reduce stress and generate feelings of calm. It can help you feel more aware of the present moment and gain head space
• Creative Counselling, if you struggle to talk about how you feel, or when words are not enough, working creatively with symbols, objects, images, shapes, colours, storytelling etc can help you express yourself.
Women aged over 18 years old
Video, Audio, Live Chat, Email
Sexual Abuse & Rape
Adult Survivors of Childhood Abuse